Because CKD's concept is based on each individual's physical condition, ability and skill level, people can train regardless of age, physical limitations or disabilities. We are not interested in our students winning competitions, instead, ours is a goal-oriented program that helps you achieve increased mobility, better physical and mental health, and greater levels of dignity and pride. Psychologically and emotionally, achieving goals can be much more pleasurable and satisfying than training without a purpose. No matter your age, it's never too late for your body to respond to CKD training.
Chi Kwang Do's primary focus is on overall physical and mental health and longevity, practical self-defense and street awareness. Students are challenged to set realistic goals for themselves and are given the encouragement and direction necessary to attain these goals.
- Emphasis is on personal success.
- Students excel at their own pace.
- Learn practical street self-defense, street awareness and avoidance tactics.
- Techniques are scientifically designed through the use of biomechanics, sports medicine, and kinesiology.
- Techniques are safe and follow the body's natural range of motion.
- Classes incorporate yoga based stretching and abdominal breathing.
Free Introductory Class